Cost per serving $0.86 view details
- 4-5 cups fresh strawberries (or other berries)
- 1 pie shell
- 1 cup sugar
- Â¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Bake pie shell, unless already baked, and let cool while washing and hulling strawberries.
- Crush 2+ cups strawberries in a saucepan with sugar (start with Â½ cup sugar and then add to taste), cornstarch and salt.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens (about 10-15 minutes).
- Remove from heat, stir in lemon juice and let cool for about 10-15 minutes.
- Arrange 2+ cups of whole strawberries in baked crust.
- Pour cooked strawberry mixture over berries in pie shell.
- Chill until firm (minimum 2 hours).
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 110g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 2||1%|
|Total Fat 0.24g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0.02g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 34.07g||9%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.6g||5%|