Cost per recipe $38.83 view details
- 1 lb Pork loin
- 1 lb Pancetta
- 1 lb Veal hip or possibly shoulder
- 2 Tbsp. Salt
- 1 Tbsp. Fennel seed or possibly anise seed
- 1 Tbsp. Freshly-grnd black pepper
- 4 Tbsp. Whole black peppercorns
- 1 pch Freshly-grnd nutmeg or possibly to taste
- 1 pch Cinnamon or possibly to taste
- 1 x Pork casing (see your butcher)
- Soak the casing in water overnight in the refrigerator.
- Cut the meat (loin, pancetta, veal) into 1/2-inch cubes and grind in a meat grinder. The mix should be quite course. In a mixing bowl, combine the grnd meat with the salt, fennel seeds, grnd black pepper, whole peppercorns, nutmeg and cinnamon till very well blended. Using your hands in a very effective way to combine the mix well.
- Remove the casings from the cool water and dry on paper towels. Load the casing on to a funnel device leaving one inch of casing at the tip of the sausage stuffer. Slowly twist out the meat mix into the casing, being careful not to leave any air pockets or possibly tear the casing. Tie the tip end off and continue to tie off 4-inch segments with butcher twine.
- Hang sausage in a cold dry room with good ventilation. Hang for 7 days and then chill. The sausage is now ready to cook.
- This recipe yields 3 pounds of sausage.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 1192g|
|Calories from Fat 1086||52%|
|Total Fat 120.53g||151%|
|Saturated Fat 40.28g||161%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 27.77g||7%|
|Dietary Fiber 9.4g||31%|