Cost per serving $2.11 view details
- 4 x Thick pcs cod fillet, each weighing 160g Salt and freshly grnd pepper
- 8 x Thin slices Parma ham Extra virgin olive oil
- 6 x Red sweet peppers
- 6 x Yellow sweet peppers
- 150 ml Extra virgin olive oil
- 3 x Garlic cloves
- 1 Tbsp. Capers
- 1 x Fresh or possibly 2 dry bay leaves
- 1 sprg fresh rosemary
- 100 ml Water
- 1 Tbsp. Fresh basil, minced
- 1 Tbsp. Balsamic vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/gas 6.
- Put the peppers in a roasting pan with 100ml of the oil. Roast for 20 min. Transfer the peppers to a bowl, cover tightly with clingfilm and leave to cold. Reserve the oil in the pan.
- When the peppers are cold sufficient to handle, peel them, reserving all the juices. Throw away the seeds and cut the flesh into large strips. Put the garlic cloves in a small pan of cool water, bring to the boil and boil for 30 seconds. Drain. Repeat this blanching two more times. Drain well, then mix with the pepper strips, capers, bay leaves and rosemary in a saucepan.
- Add in the reserved oil and pepper juices, the remaining oil and water. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to simmering point, then leave to stew for about 30 min. Meanwhile, season the pcs of cod with pepper and a little salt. Wrap each piece in 2 slices of Parma ham. Refrigeratefor 20 min. If necessary, heat the oven again, to the same temperature.
- Heat a film of extra virgin olive oil in a frying pan and seal the pcs of cod on both sides. Transfer them to an oiled baking sheet and bake for about 8 min, depending on the thickness of the pcs.
- Just before serving, add in the basil and balsamic vinegar to the pepper stew.
- Spoon it on to warmed plates and place the cod on top. Grind some pepper around and it's ready.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 214g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 308||86%|
|Total Fat 34.83g||44%|
|Saturated Fat 4.84g||19%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 10.8g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.5g||12%|