A French classic and an old favorite join forces to maximize on taste sensation. A crisp exterior harnesses warm cinnamon, vanilla, and spicy ginger goodness for a sure to be recurring comfort food for many homes to come.
- 3 1/2 c. low-fat milk
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. freshly grated nutmeg
- pinch kosher salt
- 26 store bought french toast sticks, cubed
- 1 tbsp.crystallized ginger
- 1/4 c. margarine
- powdered sugar and store bought chocolate sauce for garnish
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together milk and eggs. Add vanilla, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Whisk until well blended. Set aside.
- Grease a 2 quart casserole dish with the margarine. Distribute french toast cubes evenly in dish and repeat with crystallized ginger.
- Pour egg mixture over french toast and cover loosely.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 hours to allow for absorption of liquid.
- Just before removing from refrigerator, preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Bake uncovered for 40-45 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. If bread pudding browns too quickly, simply lay a piece of foil atop. Allow 10 minutes for pudding to rest before cutting or spooning. Sift powdered sugar and drizzled chocolate over individual servings if desired.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 142g|
|Recipe makes 10 servings|
|Calories from Fat 100||40%|
|Total Fat 11.18g||14%|
|Saturated Fat 3.7g||15%|
|Trans Fat 0.85g|
|Total Carbs 30.77g||8%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.8g||3%|