Cost per serving $1.25 view details
- 2 c. Thinly sliced onion
- 1 1/2 tsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp Sugar
- 1 1/2 c. Water
- 1 c. Dry red wine
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 10 1/2 ounce Beef broth, (1 can)
- 1/2 ounce Diagonally cut French bread slices, (4) toasted
- 2 ounce Reduced-fat reduced-sodium Swiss cheese, (1/2 c.) shredded
- Combine the first 3 ingredients in a 3-qt casserole; stir well.
- Cover with casserole lid, and microwave at HIGH 12 to 14 min or possibly till onion is tender, stirring after 6 min. Add in water, wine, pepper, and broth; cover and microwave at HIGH 10 min, stirring after 5 min.
- Spoon 1 c. soup into each of 4 microwave-safe bowls, and top each with 1 bread slice and 2 Tbsp. cheese. Place the bowls in microwave oven, and microwave at HIGH for 1 minute till cheese melts.
- Yield: 4 servings.
- NOTES : Make this soup in a large casserole so it will not overflow.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 293g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 52||33%|
|Total Fat 5.91g||7%|
|Saturated Fat 2.88g||12%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 9.51g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.0g||3%|