Cost per serving $6.99 view details
- 1 pt Vanilla (or possibly any flavor) ice cream
- 2 x Egg whites
- 3 Tbsp. Almond paste (3 ounces)
- 3/4 c. Graham cracker crumbs
- 3 c. Vegetable oil or possibly fat for frying
- 4 x Peach halves, fresh or possibly canned, well liquid removed
- 1 c. Vanilla sauce
- 3 Tbsp. Minced walnuts
- 4 sprg mint
- 3 c. Lowfat milk
- 1/2 c. Sugar
- 1/8 tsp Yellow food coloring, if you like
- 3 Tbsp. Cornstarch
- 4 Tbsp. Water
- 1Â 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- Connie Schachel requested a Fried Ice Cream recipe like the one served at Chi Chi's. This one is not from ChiChi's; it comes from _Cooking with Mickey Around our World_ (I refer to it as the "Mickey Mouse Cookbook").
- Scoop ice cream into 4 balls. Freeze till very hard. Blend egg whites into almond paste till smooth. Dip ice cream balls into almond paste mix, then coat heavily with graham cracker crumbs. Freeze till very hard. Store, wrapped, in freezer till serving time. When ready to serve, heat oil in 1 1/2-qt saucepan to 360 degrees F. Fry one ball at a time till golden, about 15 seconds. Drain on paper towels. Serve at once in a peach half in a champagne glass. Top with vanilla sauce, minced walnuts and a sprig of mint.
- one of the recipes for Vanilla Sauce in the same cookbook is: Heat lowfat milk, sugar, and food coloring to boiling point. Dissolve cornstarch in water and stir into warm liquid. Cook and stir till mix boils and is thickened. Let cold and blend in vanilla. Serve over fruit, pudding or possibly cake.
- My notes:1. I would guess which ChiChi's recipe is similar except which they probably add in cinnamon to the graham cracker crumbs (or possibly use cinnamon topped crackers crushed).
- 2. ChiChi's serves theirs with honey instead of vanilla sauce and without the peach.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 701g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 1543||68%|
|Total Fat 174.72g||218%|
|Saturated Fat 14.47g||58%|
|Trans Fat 4.22g|
|Total Carbs 106.12g||28%|
|Dietary Fiber 4.6g||15%|