Cost per recipe $6.27 view details
- 3/4 c. cultured buttermilk
- 2 Tbsp. Creole or possibly Dijon mustard
- 4 clv garlic, almost pureed
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp Frank Davis seasoning
- 1 c. instant mashed potato flakes
- 6 x redfish or possibly tilapia filets, about 6 ounce. ea.
- 2 Tbsp. Butter or possibly margarine
- 6 x lemon wedges (optional)
- Season fish with a spicy buttermilk. Then roll them in potato flakes, pan saute/fry them in butter till flaky, crunchy and crispy, and serve with pasta.
- Notes: I do not use the Frank Davis seasoning to season the buttermilk.
- I season to taste with salt, pepper, garlic pwdr, onion pwdr and red pepper. I also season the fish before I put it in the seasoned buttermilk(we like spicy food here). I also have found which I have to use a lot more butter than called for(otherwise there will not be any butter in the pan after frying a couple of fish). This is a quick and easy family favorite.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 551g|
|Calories from Fat 233||51%|
|Total Fat 26.58g||33%|
|Saturated Fat 15.8g||63%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 51.06g||14%|
|Dietary Fiber 9.0g||30%|