Cost per recipe $4.15 view details
- 6 T butter (3/4 stick)
- 1/3 c. all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon grnd nutmeg
- 1 quart. lowfat milk
- 1 (15 to 16 ounce) container Ricotta cheese
- 1/2 c. grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 c. minced parsley
- 2 lg. large eggs
- 3 c. or possibly (3/4 pound) Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 3/4 pound or possibly (3 c.) Swiss cheese, shredded
- 1 (8 ounce) pkg. no cook lasagna noodles
- 1/2 c. tomatoes, minced
- About 2 hrs before serving:1. Prepare white sauce: In a 3 qt saucepan over medium heat, heat butter. Stir in flour and nutmeg till blended; cook 1 minute. Gradually stir in lowfat milk. Cook, stirring constantly till sauce boils and thickens. Remove saucepan from heat.
- 2. In small bowl, with fork, mix Ricotta, Parmesan, parsley and large eggs. In a large bowl, put together shredded Mozzarella and Swiss.
- 3. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In 13 x 9 glass baking dish evenly spoon 1 cup white sauce. Arrange 1/3 of lasagna noodles over sauce, overlapping to fit, but make sure noodles Don't Touch sides of baking dish. Spoon half of Ricotta mix over noodles; spread with 1 cup of sauce; top with half of remaining noodles; reserve 2 cups shredded cheese. Place remaining shredded cheese over noodles, then sprinkle with tomatoes and spread with 1 cup sauce. Arrange remaining noodles over sauce; top with remaining Ricotta mix; remaining sauce, and reserved shredded cheese.
- 4. Cover dish with foil, and bake for about 25 min. Remove foil and continue baking for 20 min longer, till lasagna is hot, bubbly, and slightly browned. Garnish with parsley sprigs.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 1721g|
|Calories from Fat 920||50%|
|Total Fat 103.36g||129%|
|Saturated Fat 61.73g||247%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 105.41g||28%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.7g||9%|