Cost per serving $0.42 view details
- FRENCH BREAD RECIPE
- YOUâRE SURE TO RECEIVE COMPLIMENTS GALORE WHEN
- YOU SERVE THIS RECIPE.
- This recipe produces two loaves of bread and will hold over for two days even without preservatives. Besides using as bread it is delicious as a roll for French Dips.
- The recipe can also be changed with the addition of spices. I often add garlic powder, thyme or basil. You could even throw caution to the wind and add a mixture of spices. Have you tried McCormickâs Montreal Grill Chicken? Do try it, as itâs delicious and is a great add to this bread recipe. You can also make flavored butter/s rather than add spices.
- The food processor really makes this an easy bread to make however you could use a mixer or bread machine.
- French Bread Recipe
- Combine the following in the food processor bowl and run for 20-ish seconds:
- 1 Pkg. Rapid Raise Yeast 1 Tsp. Sugar
- 1 Â½ C. Warm Water (110degrees)
- Allow mixture to stand for 5 minutes so that it proofs, i.e. activates the yeast. It is at this stage you will have to make a management decision between measuring the flour and salt or sitting on the couch devouring bon bons.
- After 5, add 1 C. Flour 1 Tsp. Salt
- Run processor for 2 minutes to allow the gluten to grow.
- 3 C. Flour and process till a ball forms. You may have to add a little flour if the dough is too sticky. I usually add Â¼ C. flour and combine with a couple of quick on and offs of the processor.
- Remove dough from food processor, divide in half and roll out to 6 X 15, on lightly floured surface. Roll in to a loaf starting on the long edge and place each loaf on a sprayed (PAM) baking pan. I use a baguette pan however a lasagna pan would work fine. The main thing is that loafs fit into a pan leaving only a little space between loaves and edges of short side.
- Place in a preheated but turned off oven (200 degrees) and allow to rise. Usually 30 to 40 minutes. When 40 t0 50 has happened leave the loaves in oven and turn on at 450 degrees. Bake 20 to 25 minutes, till browned and sounds hollow when you tap it.
- AND the last and easiest step is stand back and receives tons of compliments.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 187g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 15||5%|
|Total Fat 1.67g||2%|
|Saturated Fat 0.49g||2%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 66.47g||18%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.2g||11%|