Cost per serving $0.75 view details
- 300g all purpose flour
- 300 g semolina
- 100ml + 1 tbs lukewarm water
- 16g fresh yeast
- Pinch of sugar
- 2 Â½ tbs olive oil
- 200ml lukewarm water
- Coarse sea salt for sprinkling
- Olive oil for sprinkling
- For coating:
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 1 tbs water
- 1 tsp salt
- Mix flour with semolina in a large bowl or on the kneading board. Make a small indent in it.
- Place small pieces of yeast into 100ml of warm water and mix with a spoon until dissolved.
- Pour the yeasty water into the indent in the flour, add pinch of sugar. Gently mix flour and yeast.
- Gradually add olive oil (2 Â½ tbs) and 200ml of warm water to the flour, knead smooth, but not too soft, dough.
- Knead the dough for 5 minutes, then form a ball and place in a suitable container. With a knife cut a shallow cross on top of dough, cover with kitchen towel and let rise for 2 hours.
- Move the dough into the oven-baking pan (measuring about 45x36cm), flatten with hand into the shape and size of the baking pan. Cover and leave to rise for another hour.
- Prepare a mixture of olive oil, salt and water for brushing the dough. Heat oven to 230Â°C.
- Make small indents, characteristic for focaccia, with fingers in the dough.
- Brush focaccia with an olive oil mixture and bake in oven for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle baked focaccia with olive oil and coarse sea salt.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 168g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 119||25%|
|Total Fat 13.51g||17%|
|Saturated Fat 1.88g||8%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 75.76g||20%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.9g||13%|