Cost per serving $2.21 view details
- 4 lrg Egg
- 1 can (14 Ounce) Condensed Lowfat milk, Sweetened
- 1 can (12 Ounce.) Evaporated Lowfat milk
- 6 ounce Cream Cheese
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- (1) Mix Large eggs, lowfat milk, and vanilla together.
- 2. Soften the cream cheese and mix it together with the other ingredients.
- Be careful not to over-mix the cream cheese or possibly it will cause air pockets in the flan.
- 3. Prepare a caramel by cooking 1/2 c. of sugar over a low flame till the sugar liquifies. Use a metal container to do this.
- 4. Turn just sufficient caramel into the pan/ ramekin to cover the bottom.
- 5. once the sugar is hard , pour the batter you prepared in steps 1 & 2 into the pan/ ramekin.
- 6. place pan/ ramekin into a bain-marie. The pan/ ramekin in that the ingredients are in should be 3/4 submerged in water.
- 7. Bake at 325 degrees Fahrenheit for about 1/2 hour. The flan is done when a knife/ toothpick inserted into it comes out clean.
- Suggested Wine: Sangria
- Serving Ideas : Serve slices inverted so the caramel is on top
- NOTES : This is an excellent cheesecake like dessert.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 318g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 336||44%|
|Total Fat 38.07g||48%|
|Saturated Fat 21.31g||85%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 84.24g||22%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.0g||0%|