Cost per serving $1.50 view details
- 2 stems of sweet basil leaves
- Chili powder, garnish
- 1 small purple yam cut in widgets
- Vegetable or peanut oil for frying
- Marinate chicken with:
- 2 chicken breast, cut in 1â strips
- 1 tsp five spices
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- Flour for coating:
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 tbsp rice flour
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- A pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp five spices
- Marinate the chicken breasts using the ingredients above and set aside.
- Meanwhile mix flour ingredients well to coat chicken breast.
- Heat the oil in high heat until bubble is coming out from bottom of the frying pot.
- Fry chicken breast in oil until brown and crisp for about 3 minutes.
- Fry basil leaves quickly, only take one second. Once basil touches oil and as soon as bubbles come out, itâs ready to take out from oil to put in tray line with paper napkin.
- Fry yam widgets in oil until brown and crisp about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Place fried chicken, yam and basil on serving plate, sprinkle with chili powder on top. Serve right away.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 162g|
|Recipe makes 2 servings|
|Calories from Fat 118||38%|
|Total Fat 13.04g||16%|
|Saturated Fat 3.74g||15%|
|Trans Fat 0.17g|
|Total Carbs 16.21g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.5g||2%|