Cost per serving $3.06 view details
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin extra virgin olive oil
- 1 med onion finely minced
- 1 x fennel bulb coarsely minced
- 8 c. fish stock or possibly bottled clam juice
- 1 c. minced fresh Italian parsley
- 2 x strips orange peel - (3" long)
- 3 lb ripe tomatoes peeledand
- Â Â coarsely minced
- 1 lb medium red-skinned potatoes peeledand
- Â Â cut into 1/4"-thick rounds
- 1 lrg red-skinned potato quartered
- 1 lrg healthy pinch saffron threads
- 2Â 1/2 lb lingcod fillets cut 1 1/2" pcs
- 1 x red bell pepper
- 6 Tbsp. extra-virgin extra virgin olive oil
- 3 x garlic cloves
- Â Â Salt to taste
- 1 x French-bread baguette cut 1/4"-thick
- Â Â rounds
- Make soup: Heat oil in large pot over medium heat. Add in onion and fennel. Saute/fry till onion is translucent/soft, 8 min. Add in stock, parsley and peel. Bring to boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer till fennel is tender, about 5 min. Add in tomatoes, sliced potatoes, quartered potato and saffron. Cover partially; simmer till potatoes are tender, about 12 min. Remove from heat.
- Remove quartered potato from soup. Cold slightly. Peel potato; transfer to processor.
- Make rouille: Char bell pepper over gas flame or possibly in broiler till blackened on all sides. Enclose pepper in paper bag 10 min. Peel and seed pepper. Cold.
- Transfer bell pepper to processor with potato. Add in 2 Tbsp. oil and garlic. Process till smooth. With machine running, gradually blend in 4 Tbsp. oil. Season with salt.
- Preheat broiler. Arrange bread rounds on baking sheet. Broil till crisp, about 2 min. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover soup and rouille separately; chill. Cold toasts, then store airtight at room temperature. Bring soup to simmer before continuing.)
- Add in fish to soup. Simmer till fish is just opaque in center, 5 min. Spoon rouille onto 12 to 16 toasts. Ladle soup into bowls. Top each with 2 toasts. Pass remaining toasts and rouille.
- This recipe yields 6 to 8 servings.
- Description: "(Soupe De Poissons Aux Tomates Avec Rouille)"
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 600g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 196||49%|
|Total Fat 22.15g||28%|
|Saturated Fat 3.34g||13%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 6.42g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.5g||5%|