Cost per serving $3.35 view details
- 1 lb Coley fillet
- 1 lb Smoked haddock fillet
- 2 lb Fresh spinach, (up to 3)
- 4 ounce Butter, Plus Extra For Top Salt Freshly grnd pepper Grated nutmeg
- 1 lrg Spanish onion, thinly sliced
- 3 Tbsp. Flour
- 1 1/2 pt Lowfat milk
- 1 x Bay leaf
- 4 tsp Anchovy essence
- 1 bn Parsley, minced
- 6 x Scallops
- 8 ounce Prawns peeled, cooked
- 4 ounce Parmesan, freshly grated
- Put the coley and haddock into a large pan and pour boiling water over just to cover. Simmer very gently for 10 min. Turn it all out into a clean sink and leave till the fish is cold sufficient to handle. Then remove skin and any bones. Flake the fish onto a plate and reserve.
- Wash the spinach thoroughly and place in a saucepan-don't add in any water.
- Cook gently till it collapses, then raise the heat and cook till done, about 3 min. Drain well, pressing the liquid out. Return the spinach to the saucepan with 2 ounces butter and season to taste with salt, pepper and nutmeg. Spread the spinach proportionately on the bottom of a well-buttered oven dish large sufficient to take the rest of the ingredients.
- Heat the remaining 2 ounces of butter in a saucepan and cook the onion gently till translucent/soft. Add in the flour and stir around to make a roux.
- Have the lowfat milk heated to a simmer and add in it little by little till you have a smooth bechamel sauce. Pop in the bay leaf and let it simmer for 1/2 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Stir the anchovy essence and parsley into the sauce and season with salt and pepper. Fold in the flaked fish and pour onto the spinach. Slice the whites of the scallops in half horizontally and distribute over the fish, interspersed with their corals. Scatter the prawns over the top, sprinkle with the Parmesan and dot with a little extra butter. Bake in a preheated oven at 400 degrees for 20 to 30 min, till heated through and browned on the top. Serve with a puree of potato and a tomato salad.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 329g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 154||46%|
|Total Fat 17.52g||22%|
|Saturated Fat 10.44g||42%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 12.98g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.3g||8%|