Cost per recipe $1.15 view details
- Fish -1kg
- Onion-4 medium, sliced thinly
- Green chilly-12nos, slit
- Ginger-2pieces chopped
- Garlic-1 pod, chopped
- Cloves-6 nos
- Cinnamon-1" piece 2 nos
- Cardamom- 6 nos
- Black pepper-6-8 nos
- Tomato-4 nos, cut in round shape, thinly
- Coconut milk from 1 coconut (thick and thin milk separately)
- Turmeric & salt to taste
- Cashew nuts- 15 nos ground to a fine paste( you can omit this by replacing 1 tbsp maida)
- Heat oil, splutter mustard, then add pepper, cardamom, cloves, cinnamon and fry.
- Add onion, ginger, garlic, green chilly and sautÃ© till transparent. (Also you can add some thinly sliced carrots and some macaroni while sautÃ©ing.)
- Add turmeric & 1 tbsp maida if not adding ground cashew nuts.
- Add second and third extracts of coconut milk and when it starts boiling add fish pieces, and simmer on medium heat.
- When it about to get ready add tomato pieces, and some of thick coconut milk and cashew nut paste. Simmer and when the gravy thickens turn off heat.
- Serve hot with Palappam, Bread rolls or Chapathi.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 1273g|
|Calories from Fat 222||21%|
|Total Fat 24.68g||31%|
|Saturated Fat 4.92g||20%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 19.53g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 4.1g||14%|