Powerful Omega3...Protein in SALMON and...Potassium in POTATO play together in harmony with the Iron in BEANS. Exceptionally nutritional meal or snack that is easy to prepare as well as being incredibly tasty to savour.
For a dedicated post...refer to:
- . American / Metric measures
- . 1 can ( 7.5 oz. / 213 gr.) âsockeyeâ salmon well drained (or fresh cooked salmon~ 3/4 cup / 210gr)
- . 1 cup (210gr) mashed potato (or fresh crustless bread crumb)
- . 1 cup (200gr) small beans (Mung or Lentils are preferred)
- . 1 large egg
- . 1 tbsp. (15ml) Dijon mustard
- . 1 tbsp. (15ml) grain mustard (optional)
- . 1/4 tsp. (1ml) each of: sea salt, garlic powder, tarragon and paprika
- . pinch of cayenne pepper (or piment dâespelette)
- . 1/2 cup (20gr) fresh âItalianâ flat parsley leaves
- . 1/4 cup (40gr) roasted crushed almonds
- . 1/2 cup (30gr) crushed bran cereal (or dry bread crumb)...go by moistness
- . 6 tbsp.(90ml) frying oil (divided in 2 portions)
- . **** SAUCES (2 OPTIONS)
- . . 1 cup (250ml) plain yogurt (2 % fat +)
- . 2 tbsp. (30ml) tomato Ketchup
- . 2 tbsp. (30ml) Dijon mustard
- . 2 tbsp. (30ml) grain mustard
- . **** or
- .. 1 cup (250ml) plain yogurt (2 % fat +)
- . 1 small (1/4 cup / 60ml) âbaladiâ cucumber grated
- . 1 tbsp. (15ml) Dijon mustard
- . 1 tbsp. (15ml) grain mustard
- . 1 tbsp. (15ml) Maple syrup (optional)
- . 1 tbsp. (15ml) lemon juice
- . Although, not absolutely necessary...itâs best to prepare this mixture ahead of time. The flavours and textures will bind much better together.
- . In a large bowl, put all ingredients together except the almonds and bran cereal. Blend everything until well combined. Now add the roasted crushed almonds and then incrementally add the cereal so that you do not end up having too much of a dry mix. Use your judgement. Cover the bowl and refrigerate for as little time as 1 hour or up until overnight if wanting to prepare this ahead of time.
- . Once the fish mixture has taken a denser texture, take an ice-cream scoop to help measure and extract each portion. Remember to pack it in the scoop and pat down before extracting onto a plate. Flatten and form the patties before adding them to the heated element.
- . Prepare some paper towels on a rack...ready to receive the patties to extract the excess grease. Set aside.
- . Cooking / frying method: In a skillet, heat one of the portions of oil at medium-high before adding the patties. Cook them about 3 minutes per side or until golden brown...then carefully turn over the patties and repeat. Once cooked, transfer them on the prepared rack and paper towel to extract any undesirable grease.
- . Baking method: Pre-heat oven to 375F/190C /Gas5 and position rack on the 2nd level from the bottom. Also, prepare a very large baking sheet, lined with parchment paper. First, bake patties for 15 minutes . Afterwards, temporarily remove the baking pan from the oven to gently flip over the patties for the rest of the baking process. Continue for another 10 minutes until crispy on the outside, while soft on the inside.
- Buon appetito and flavourful wishes...FOODESSA.com
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 0g|
|Recipe makes 10 servings|
|Calories from Fat 0||0%|
|Total Fat 0.0g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0.0g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 0.0g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.0g||0%|