This recipe puts a South Florida spin on traditional guacamole as it uses Florida avocados and tart key limes. All ingredients are grilled, including the limes, which adds a nice char and smokiness to the dip.
- 2 Florida avocados (the really big avocados) or 4 HAAS avocados
- 8 keylimes, sliced in halves
- 3 tblsp cilantro
- 8-10 cherry tomatoes OR 2 small Roma tomatoes
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 2 jalapenos
- sea salt- to taste
- ground pepper- to taste
- skewers, presoak for 20 minutes â for the garlic cloves and cherry tomatoes
- Heat the grill to medium heat, about 350 degrees.
- Halve the avocados and remove the seeds.
- Skewer the garlic cloves and cherry tomatoes (no need to skewer if using Roma tomatoes).
- Grill the avocado, limes, jalapenos, garlic and tomatoes until char marks form.
- Chop the charred avocado into bite-size pieces.
- Mince the tomatoes, garlic, and jalapeno.
- Combine all the chopped ingredients in a bowl, next squeeze the juice from the charred limed into the bowl, using your fingers to catch the seeds.
- Stir all ingredients together, and add the cilantro and sea salt and pepper to taste. For extra flavor, add a little lime zest.
- Chill and serve with tortilla chips.
- This is also excellent as a topping for fish or chicken and on salads.
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 1046g|
|Calories from Fat 19||9%|
|Total Fat 2.24g||3%|
|Saturated Fat 0.33g||1%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 44.55g||12%|
|Dietary Fiber 13.1g||44%|