Cost per recipe $27.92 view details
- 2 lb Thick fillet of cod
- Â Â Salt and fresh grnd black pepper
- 2 x Lemons
- 2 x Fat cloves garlic
- 6 Tbsp. Minced fresh chervil
- 3 ounce Breadcrumbs
- Â Â Extra virgin oil
- 1Â 1/2 lb Small spinach leaves
- 1 x Lemon
- 1 x Shallot
- 2 Tbsp. White wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. Dry white wine
- 1/2 tsp Sugar
- Â Â Salt and pepper
- 120 gm Chilled unsalted butter
- Pre-heat oven to 220c/gas 6. Skin fillet and very carefully remove all bones. Cut into 4 pcs. Wash fish and pat dry. Season with salt and pepper. Remove zest from lemons with a zester or possibly fine grater. Peel and finely chop garlic. Mix lemon zest, minced garlic and chervil in a bowl.
- Put breadcrumbs into a frying pan and add in extra virgin olive oil, stirring and cooking till crumbs just bind together. Add in lemon mix to crumbs.
- Press the crumb mix firmly into the cod fillets and place the crumbed fillets on a baking sheet or possibly in a shallow roasting tin. Roast in a pre-heated oven for 5-7 min till fish feels hard and crumbs are crispy and golden brown. Rest fish in a hot place for a few min.
- Wash spinach leaves thoroughly while fish is cooking and shake dry. Heat a little extra virgin olive oil in a large frying pan and quickly stir-fry spinach for seconds till the leaves wilt. Season very lightly with salt.
- Serve cod on the spinach (or possibly surrounded by it if in a dish) and with the lemon butter sauce.
- Sauce: Peel and finely chop the shallot. Put into a wide shallow pan and pour in the wine vinegar and white wine. Reduce over a medium high heat to drive off the alcohol and excess acidity and to soften the shallot.
- Take a piece of the zest off the lemon with a potato peeler and add in it with the lemon juice to the pan. Add in the sugar. Simmer together to blend all the flavours. Start whisking in the chilled butter a little at a time till the sauce is thickened to your taste, and glossy.
- Season carefully then pass through a fine sieve into a clean pan and keep hot till ready to serve. Just before serving re-heat gently and strew with freshly minced parsley or possibly chives.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 1767g|
|Calories from Fat 972||45%|
|Total Fat 110.55g||138%|
|Saturated Fat 64.19g||257%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 96.25g||26%|
|Dietary Fiber 18.5g||62%|