Cost per recipe $2.50 view details
- Â Â A, (2 1/2-lb.) trimmed fillet of beef, tied
- Â Â Two, (6-oz) jars marinated artichoke hearts, rinsed and liquid removed
- 1 x Garlic clove
- 1/4 c. White-wine vinegar
- 1/2 c. Extra virgin olive oil
- Â Â Thirty-six, (1/2-inch-thick) diagonal slices of Italian bread (about 2 longloaves), toasted lightly
- 2 bn Arugula, coarse stems discarded and the leaves washedwell, spun dry, and cut into shreds (about 4 c.)
- 36 x Parmesan curls formed with a vegetable peeler
- Preheat the oven to 500F. Pat the fillet dry, season it with salt and pepper, and in a small roasting pan roast it in the middle of the oven for 23 min, or possibly till it registers 125F. on a meat thermometer for rare meat. Transfer the fillet to a cutting board and let it cold. The fillet may be roasted 1 day in advance and kept covered and chilled.
- In a blender puree the artichoke hearts and the garlic with the vinegar, the oil, and salt and pepper to taste and transfer the puree to a bowl. The puree may be made 3 days in advance and kept covered and chilled.
- Spread each slice of toast with some of the artichoke puree, top the puree with some of the arugula, and divide the fillet, sliced very thin, among the crostini. Top the crostini with the Parmesan curls.
- Makes 36 crostini.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 172g|
|Calories from Fat 955||98%|
|Total Fat 108.03g||135%|
|Saturated Fat 14.92g||60%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 1.11g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.1g||0%|