- . > American / Metric measures <
- . 2 cups (260g) raw Almonds* (finely ground)
- . 1/2 cup (110g) granulated sugar
- . 2 large egg whites (room temp.)
- . 4 tsp. (20ml) pure Almond extract
- . 24 raw almonds (optional decor)
- . * Whole almonds should be measured flush in the cup before grinding.
- . Pre-heat oven to 350F/180C/Gas4. Prepare a large parchment lined baking sheet. Position rack in the center of the oven.
- . In a medium bowl, mix all ingredients until a combined paste is well formed.
- Use a teaspoon or better yet...use a small #60 (melon ball size) ice-cream scoop to properly portion 24 cookies. Press the paste into the scoop, level and release. Place them onto a cookie sheet and leave them evenly apart. Note: these cookies don't spread...they'll remain the same size. Decor: If desired, place and gently insert an almond on top of each cookie.
- . BAKE for 17 minutes. Remove them from the oven and let them cool on the same pan.
- . Storing and Serving suggestions: They'll be ready to eat within the hour or stored into a metal tin for up to a week. Store them into their original baking parchment paper and lastly into an airtight plastic freezer bag. They actually never freeze solid, therefore, get them out for about 15 minutes and they'll be ready to serve. You can also place them into a very low set oven for 5 minutes to get their outer crunch back.
- . Enjoy Claudia's flavourful baking treats...FOODESSA.com