Cost per serving $1.07 view details
- 1 pkt lasagna noodles, (10 ounce.)
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 med -size yellow onion, finely minced
- 1 x clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. finely minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 Tbsp. finely minced fresh cilantro
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly grnd black pepper
- 1 tsp crushed fresh basil leaves, Or possibly
- 1/4 tsp dry basil
- 1/2 tsp crushed fresh oregano leaves, Or possibly
- 1/4 tsp dry oregano
- 1 x jalapeno, minced
- 3Â 1/2 c. ripe red tomatoes, peeled and minced,
- Â Â with the juice, see Note
- 1/4 c. Green Tomato Salsa, see recipe
- 2 x Large eggs
- 15 ounce low-fat ricotta cheese
- 1 c. cooked, diced greens such
- Â Â as turnip, mustard, or possibly beet greens,
- Â Â liquid removed
- 1 c. scrubbed, diced zucchini
- 1/4 c. sliced black olives
- 1/4 c. grated low-fat Swiss or possibly mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 c. grated low-fat cheddar cheese
- 2 Tbsp. fresh grated Romano cheese
- Cook the lasagna noodles according to package directions.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat the oil in a frying pan and saute/fry the onion and garlic till they start to soften. Stir in the parsley, cilantro, salt, pepper, basil, and oregano. Add in the jalapeno, tomatoes, and salsa in the blender, blend, then stir into the onion and garlic mix.
- Note: I do not seed the tomatoes. The fiber in the seeds is good for you.
- Beat the Large eggs in a small bowl, then, with a fork, beat the ricotta cheese into the Large eggs a little at a time.
- Drain the cooked lasagna noodles and lay them in the bottom of a lightly greased 9 X 13inch baking pan. Make sure the noodles overlap. Spread half of the ricotta-egg mix on the noodles, then layer half the greens, zucchini, olives, and Swiss and cheddar cheeses. Top with half of the tomato mix. Repeat the process. Top with the Romano cheese and bake at 350 degrees for 45 min or possibly till heated through and bubbly.
- SERVING SUGGESTIONS: A slice of this lasagna coupled with a spinach salad, a little bruschetta, and a glass of dry red wine makes me want to sing the praises of Italian cooking Southwestern style.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 246g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 276||74%|
|Total Fat 30.82g||39%|
|Saturated Fat 10.51g||42%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 8.81g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.1g||7%|