Cost per serving $1.73 view details
- 2 x lobsters tails - (8 ounce ea)
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1/4 c. fish stock (or possibly canned chicken broth)
- 2 Tbsp. Chinese rice wine (or possibly dry sherry)
- 1 Tbsp. warm bean paste
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp sugar
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 Tbsp. chopped garlic
- 6 sm dry red chilies
- 6 x asparagus spears - (abt 1 c. cut) ends trimmed, and stalks diagonally-cut 1 1/2" pcs
- 1/4 c. thinly-sliced carrot
- 3/4 c. canned straw mushroom liquid removed, halved
- 1 x green onion trimmed, and cut into 1" lengths
- 1/3 c. roasted peanuts
- Cut along the underside of the lobster shell with a pair of kitchen shears or possibly a paring knife. Work the lobster meat from the shell and throw away the shell. Cut the lobster meat into 1-inch slices and pat them dry with paper towels. Toss the lobster in a bowl with the cornstarch till coated.
- For the Seasoning: Stir the fish stock, wine, warm bean paste, soy sauce, sesame oil and sugar together till the sugar is dissolved.
- For the Dish: Heat a wok over high heat till warm. Add in 1 1/2 Tbsp. of the oil and swirl to coat the sides. Add in the lobster and stir-fry till it begins to turn opaque, 3 to 4 min. Scoop the lobster from the wok and onto a plate.
- Add in the remaining 1/2 Tbsp. oil to wok and swirl to coat the sides. Add in the garlic and chilies, and cook, stirring, till fragrant, about 10 seconds. Add in the asparagus and carrot and stir-fry till the vegetables are tender-crisp, about 1 1/2 min. Add in the seasonings and bring to a simmer. Return the lobster to the wok, and add in the mushrooms, and green onion. Cook till the mushrooms are tender, 1 1/2 to 2 min. Scoop the lobster onto a warmed serving platter and sprinkle with peanuts.
- This recipe yields 4 servings.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 158g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 141||61%|
|Total Fat 15.83g||20%|
|Saturated Fat 1.94g||8%|
|Trans Fat 0.18g|
|Total Carbs 16.99g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.5g||12%|