Cost per serving $1.28 view details
- 4 Tbsp. butter
- 2 c. whipping cream
- 1/8 tsp salt plus
- 1/2 tsp salt divided
- 2 x white truffles - (2" dia)
- 12 x egg yolks
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin extra virgin olive oil
- 2 c. flour
- 1/4 tsp freshly-grnd white pepper
- 3 Tbsp. water - (to 4)
- Heat the butter in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Add in the cream and one-eighth tsp. salt and bring to a low simmer. Remove the sauce from the heat and shave 1 truffle onto the surface. Stir to combine, then set the sauce aside to allow the truffle flavor to infuse.
- Combine the egg yolks and extra virgin olive oil in a bowl, stirring to mix.
- Measure the flour, pepper and remaining one-half tsp. salt onto a clean work surface and stir to combine. Make a well in the center of the flour and slowly pour in the egg mix. Use a fork to stir the flour into the egg mix, then, as the dough forms, use your hands to bring it together into a ball. Add in the water one Tbsp. at a time as needed.
- Knead the pasta dough for 5 to 7 min till it becomes soft and smooth. Form it into a ball and wrap in plastic wrap. Set aside to rest for one-half hour.
- Divide the pasta dough into 8 pcs. Using the widest setting on the pasta machine, put 1 piece of dough through once. Fold the short ends of the rectangle into the center (making 3 layers) and put it through twice more on which setting. Then change to the next-widest setting and run the dough through once. Change to the next setting down and run the dough through again. Continue the process twice more, changing to narrower settings each time, for a total of 5 settings. Set each pasta sheet aside and cover it with plastic wrap and continue with the remaining dough pcs.
- Change the attachment on the pasta machine to the fettuccine-cutter and run each sheet of pasta through. Place the noodles on a clean surface.
- Bring the cream sauce to a simmer over low heat. Simmer gently till slightly thickened, about 20 min.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. When the cream sauce is ready, add in the fettuccine to the boiling water and cook till slightly hard but tender, about 2 min. Drain.
- Combine the pasta and sauce in a large, warmed serving bowl. Toss with tongs to coat each pasta strand. Using the truffle shaver, shave the remaining truffle over the top and serve.
- This recipe yields 4 servings.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 161g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 380||61%|
|Total Fat 43.2g||54%|
|Saturated Fat 23.47g||94%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 52.22g||14%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.9g||6%|