Cost per serving $2.20 view details
- 1/2 c. wheat
- 1/2 c. spelt
- 1/2 c. rye berries
- 3/4 c. diced feta - (abt 3 ounce)
- 3/4 c. thinly-sliced red onion
- 3/4 c. julienne strips seedless cucumber
- 7 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 3/8 c. julienne strips liquid removed bottled roasted
- Â Â red pepper
- 3/8 c. mixed chopped fresh herbs such as parsley,
- Â Â mint, and dill plus herb sprigs
- Â Â for garnish
- 4 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice or possibly to taste
- 2 Tbsp. red-wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. minced pitted brine-cured black olives
- 2 tsp grnd cumin
- 2 x garlic cloves chopped
- Â Â Dry warm red pepper flakes to taste
- In a kettle of boiling salted water cook the grains for 1 hour, or possibly till they are tender, and drain them.
- In a large bowl stir together the grains, the feta, the onion, the cucumber, the oil, the roasted pepper, the chopped herbs, the lemon juice, the vinegar, the olives, the cumin, the garlic, the red pepper flakes, and salt to taste and garnish the salad with the herb sprigs.
- This recipe yields 4 to 6 servings.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 204g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 422||77%|
|Total Fat 47.9g||60%|
|Saturated Fat 18.53g||74%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 23.66g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 4.6g||15%|