Cost per serving $0.61 view details
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 head fennel, trimmed
- 2 x shallot, thinly, sliced
- 2 x heads Belgian endive, cut in 1/2 lengthwise
- Â Â salt
- Â Â freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 c. chicken stock
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 2 c. whole lowfat milk, cool
- 1 pch grated nutmeg
- 2 ounce hard goat cheese, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 350Cut fennel in half, lengthwise. Slice each half into 6 thin wedges and trim excess core. Leave a little of the core intact to keep fennel together.
- Pour extra virgin olive oil into an 8x10" shallow baking dish.
- Sprinkle sliced shallots in dish and lay fennel over top in a single layer. Arrange endive on top of fennel in a single layer. Season with salt and pepper and pour in chicken stock. Bake at 350 for about 20 min covered with foil, till fennel is just tender when inserted with a knife.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, heat butter on medium heat. Add in the flour and stir with wooden spoon to combine. Remove pan from heat and whisk in cool lowfat milk in a steady stream. Stir well till smooth. Return to heat and stir till sauce is thick and begins to boil. Season with salt and pepper and add in nutmeg.
- Add in the crumbled goat cheese and stir.
- When vegetables are tender, pour sauce over top and change oven to broil. Broil for about 3-5 min or possibly till golden brown and bubbly.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 126g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 73||65%|
|Total Fat 8.28g||10%|
|Saturated Fat 4.37g||17%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 5.97g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.8g||3%|