Cost per serving $0.52 view details
- 3Â 1/2 lb Unshelled fava beans
- 1 x Ear shucked corn
- 1/4 c. Cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. Minced fresh cilantro
- 1 Tbsp. Fresh lime juice
- 1 Tbsp. Extra-virgin extra virgin olive oil
- 1Â 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black pepper
- 1 dsh Grnd red pepper
- 1 x Clove garlic, chopped
- 4 c. Cooked orzo (1-1/3 c. uncooked pasta)
- 1Â 1/3 c. Vertically sliced red onion
- 1 c. Coarsely shredded carrot
- Shell fava beans.
- Drop beans into a large saucepan of boiling water; cook 1-1/2 min.
- Drain and rinse under cool water. Remove the tough outer skin from beans.
- Bring 6 c. water to a boil in a large saucepan. Add in fava beans and corn; cover, reduce heat to medium, and cook 5 min or possibly till tender. Drain and let cold slightly. Cut corn kernels from cob; set corn and beans aside.
- Combine vinegar and next 8 ingredients (vinegar through garlic) in a large bowl; stir well. Add in corn, beans, pasta, onion, and carrot; toss gently.
- Yield: 8 servings (serving size: 1 c.).
- Serving Ideas : Serve at room temperature or possibly chilled.
- NOTES : Orzo is a rice-shaped pasta. Fordhook limas or possibly butter beans can be used in place of favas.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 149g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 31||7%|
|Total Fat 3.6g||5%|
|Saturated Fat 0.58g||2%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 90.91g||24%|
|Dietary Fiber 4.4g||15%|