Cost per serving $0.52 view details
- 1 large egg
- 150g plain flour
- 150g self raising flour
- 1tsp baking powder
- 130g cubed cold unsalted butter
- 100g caster sugar
- The zest of 1 lemon
- The zest of 1 large orange
- 1tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground nutmeg
- 150g dried fruit (sultanas, raisins, currents)
- 50ml milk
- For glaze:
- 1 egg yolk
- glace cherries (enough for 2 per scone)
- whole blanched almonds (enough for 3 per scone)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius (170 degrees if fan oven). Grease and line a large baking sheet.
- Place flours, baking powder and sugars in a large bowl, and the cold cubed butter, then rub together using finger tips until a bread crumb like texture is achieved.
- Next add the dried fruit and spices to the flour mix, then add beaten egg and milk and combine until a soft dough is formed.
- Form dough into 6 large rounds or 8 smaller rounds which are about an inch deep.
- Lightly press 2 cherries and 3 almonds into the top of the rounds of dough, then brush the surface of each round with the beaten egg yolk.
- Place in the centre of an oven and bake for 20 minutes or until brown and firm in the centre.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 114g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 169||46%|
|Total Fat 19.25g||24%|
|Saturated Fat 11.68g||47%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 42.2g||11%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.0g||7%|