This Fat Free Whole Wheat Banana Muffin Recipe is so easy to make and delicious that you will never tell its healthy. You can always switch the yogurt for sugar free apple sauce if you prefer.
- 1 cup of whole wheat pastry flour (you can find it at organic stores like sprouts or whole foods)
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup of mashed ripe banana (about 2 bananas)
- 1/4 cup of white sugar
- 1/4 non fat plain yogurt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Preheat Your oven to 350F.
- Line your muffin pan with muffin liners (cupcake liners) and reserve.
- On a medium size bowl mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt and reserve.
- On your KitchenAid Mixer Bowl with the paddle attachment on beat together on slow speed, banana, egg, sugar and vanilla until mixed well. Then add yogurt just until combined and you are going to start adding the flour mixture until your batter looks mixed well and smooth ( donât over beat it).
- Scoop batter into muffin pan. I sprinkled a little mixture of brown sugar and cinnamon over my muffin batter but its up to you.
- Bake your muffins for about 15- 20 minutes.
- Your muffins are ready!
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 24g|
|Recipe makes 12 servings|
|Calories from Fat 5||9%|
|Total Fat 0.56g||1%|
|Saturated Fat 0.15g||1%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 11.84g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.2g||4%|