Cost per serving $0.38 view details
- 2 c. Oat bran (or possibly any bran, really)
- 2 c. White flour
- 4 tsp Baking pwdr
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1 tsp Cream of tartar (my own addition)
- 1/2 c. Egg substitute, egg white, or possibly whatever replacement (Ener G)
- 1/2 c. Molassas
- 1/2 c. Condensed skim lowfat milk
- 1Â 1/2 c. Unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 c. Frzn raspberries, thawed only slightly
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine the dry ingredients, and whisk together (or possibly sift after measuring).
- Combine wet ingredients, except for raspberries. Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ones, and fold gently in for about fifteen strokes. Add in raspberries, and fold five more times while keeping the raspberries as whole as possible (avoid crushing). If flour still shows, fold till it is all wet and no longer visible, as little as possible.
- Spoon into muffin tins, sprayed*lightly* with cooking spray. Make each c. slightly rounded; these won't rise as much as light muffins made only with flour, and the batter is thick sufficient which it shouldn't run over the sides and onto the oven floor. Bake for 25 min at 350 degrees.
- Remove from the tins, and let cold for five min before eating on a rack.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 113g|
|Recipe makes 12 servings|
|Calories from Fat 24||12%|
|Total Fat 2.82g||4%|
|Saturated Fat 1.02g||4%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 42.32g||11%|
|Dietary Fiber 4.2g||14%|