Classic Butterscotch Sauce with a healthy twist. A fancy, rich and decadent topping with an added key ingredient that produced a lovely surprising bite. I've been pouring it everywhere lately ;o)
For a full dedicated post...refer to:
- . >American / Metric measures<
- . 1/4 cup (60ml) fancy molasses
- . 3/4 cup (165gr) brown sugar (packed)
- . 1/2 cup (120ml) unsalted butter
- . 2 cups (500ml) 35% whipping cream
- . 1-1/2 tsp (7.5ml) sea salt
- . 1 Tbsp. (15ml) vanilla extract
- . In a medium saucepan whisk together sugar, molasses and butter. Set aside.
- . In another smaller saucepan, heat up the cream without having it boil. Take the cream off burner and set aside.
- . On the same burner, place the medium saucepan with the sugar mix and start melting it over medium heat. Do not let it boil. When this sugar mixture has melted, gradually add the hot cream in increments of three times. Whisk for about 30 seconds in between each cream addition. At this point, add the salt and the vanilla also. Bring the whole mix to a slight surface raising boil. When the cream mix starts to rise and puff, itâs ready. Remove the sauce from heat and completely let it cool. I suggest to give it a whisk once and a while as it cools. Afterwards, the sauce can be poured into small mason jars.
- . SERVING and STORING: Every time you take the jar out, give it a good stir so that the molasses do not stay at the bottom. You can also freeze the sauce in the small mason jars by leaving a reasonable space at the surface.
- . Heavenly fragrance and flavourful wishes...FOODESSA.com