Cost per serving $0.94 view details
- 3 Tbsp. Butter
- 3 x Onions, finely minced
- 4 c. Chicken stock or possibly broth
- 1/2 c. Dry white wine
- Â Â Bouquet garni
- Â Â Salt and pepper
- 8 slc , 1/2 in thick French bread, toasted
- 8 slc , 1/4 in thick Gruyere cheese
- 3 Tbsp. Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 c. Cheddar cheese, grated
- Heat the butter in a large sauce pan. Add in the onions and saute/fry for about 30 min, till golden. Add in the stock, wine and bouquet garni and season to taste. Bring to a boil, cover and simmer for 20 min. Throw away the Bouquet garni. Arrange a layer of toast in the bottom of an oven proof tureen. Cover with a layer of the Gruyere, then sprinkle with some of the Parmesan and cheddar. Repeat the layers once or possibly twice, finishing with the cheeses. Pour in the soup and bake in a 350 oven for 20 min, till; the cheese is melted. DON'Tablespoons WAIT-eat warm.
- Serving Ideas : When we have Onion Soup-we do not anything else!
- NOTES : This is MY very favorite recipe for Onion Soup -I love the taste, the method and the wonderful smell while it is cooking. You can almost become enveloped in the smell.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 247g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 91||59%|
|Total Fat 10.33g||13%|
|Saturated Fat 6.47g||26%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 6.04g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.5g||5%|