If you’ve never made a turkey tenderloin, you’re in for a treat. It’s a delightful cut of meat, easy to prepare and very tender. This is not your typical boring and bland turkey recipe either. The balsamic reduction sauce is bursting with flavor. Grilled or baked this recipe taste wonderful so we’ve included the directions both.
Weight Watchers (old points) 5
Weight Watchers POINTS PLUS 7
SKINNY FACTS: for one serving
257 calories, 1.4g fat, 29g protein, 34g carbs, 1g fiber, 517mg sodium, 25g sugar
- Ingredients For The Balsamic Sauce
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup onions, diced
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- Â¾ cup ketchup
- â cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- A little salt and pepper, to taste
- Ingredients For Tenderloins
- 2 turkey tenderloins (about 1Â½ lb. total), patted dry
- Preheat one side of grill to medium-high, the other side to medium-low.
- In a nonstick saucepan over medium heat, add the olive oil. Saute onions in oil until soft, about 2 minutes. Stir in vinegar, ketchup, brown sugar, Worcestershire, Dijon and a little salt and pepper. Bring sauce to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until reduced to 1Â½ cups, about 10 minutes. Set aside 1 cup sauce for serving.
- Brush turkey tenderloins with Â¼ cup remaining sauce. Grill turkey, covered, on medium-low side of grill, 4 minutes. Flip turkey, base with 2 tablespoons sauce and grill 4 minutes. Baste again with 2 tablespoons sauce and transfer turkey to medium-high side. Cook basted turkey, until an instant read thermometer registers 165 degrees, about 4 minutes.
- Remove turkey from grill and let rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Drizzle remaining sauce that was set aside over turkey slices and serve.
- Instructions For Baking
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place turkey tenderloins in a 9Ã9 baking pan. Cut pieces if too large. Reserve 1 cup sauce for serving and with remaining sauce, spread Â¼ cup over top of tenderloins. Reserve Â¼ cup for broiling.
- Cover pan with foil and bake for 35-40 minutes.
- Preheat broiler, cover cooked tenderloins with Â¼ cup sauce and broil for about 3 minutes, until browned.
- Remove turkey from oven and let rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Drizzle the 1 cup sauce that was set aside, over turkey slices and serve.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 107g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 9||10%|
|Total Fat 1.07g||1%|
|Saturated Fat 0.14g||1%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 18.39g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.7g||2%|