Cost per serving $1.04 view details
- 1/2 lb medium-sized asparagus tips only
- 1 c. green beans cut 1" lengths
- 1 c. fresh green peas
- 1 x hothouse cucumber peeled
- 4 x flounder fillets - (abt 6 ounce ea)
- 4 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 4 tsp minced fresh dill Salt to taste Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste
- 2 x lemons halved
- In boiling water, blanch the asparagus for 1 minute and the green beans and peas for 2 min. Run under cool water and drain well.
- With the small side of a melon baller, cut sufficient balls from the cucumber to measure 1 c..
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Have 4 sheets of foil ready, each 22 by 12 inches. Lay 1 sheet in front of you lengthwise, on a flat work surface. Center a flounder fillet on the bottom half of the foil (turning up the edges slightly so the vegetables will not roll off). Arrange 1/4 of the asparagus, green beans, peas and cucumber balls around the fish. Dot the fish and vegetables with 1 Tbsp. butter and sprinkle with 1 tsp. dill. Season with salt and pepper. Fold the top half of the foil over the fish and vegetables; crimp the edges together carefully to create a packet. Repeat with the other 3 fillets.
- Transfer packets to a baking sheet. Bake for 15 min.
- Transfer packets to dinner plates and allow the guests to open them at the table. Serve each with a lemon half.
- This recipe yields 4 servings.
- Comments: To make the foil packets airtight, read the recipe directions carefully. Serve a warm pocket on each dinner plate and let each guest open his or possibly her own. The aroma is lovely!
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 87g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 105||60%|
|Total Fat 11.96g||15%|
|Saturated Fat 7.35g||29%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 14.06g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 5.3g||18%|