Cost per recipe $8.56 view details
- 2 Tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 lrg Cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 med Onion, minced
- 32 ounce Whole tomatoes, minced --
- Â Â With juice (canned tomato)
- 4 med Red bell peppers, minced
- 2 Tbsp. Tomato paste
- 1Â 1/2 tsp Dry basil
- 1 tsp Dry oregano
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Salt
- Heat 1 Tbsp. oil in a skillet, over medium heat. Add in garlic, onion and red pepper. Cook 10 min, stirring occasionally. Remove from skillet and set aside. Add in tomatoes to skillet. Cook over medium heat for 45 min.
- Stir occasionally, cook till thickened. Add in tomato paste, basil, oregano, sugar, salt, remaining oil and red pepper mix. Cook for 10 min.
- Serve as sauce for pizza or possibly cook longer to thicken more and serve over warm, cooked pasta.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 1386g|
|Calories from Fat 266||45%|
|Total Fat 30.18g||38%|
|Saturated Fat 4.19g||17%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 76.2g||20%|
|Dietary Fiber 21.6g||72%|