Cost per recipe $1.86 view details
- 4 small bitter melons (about 12 oz/350 g), deseeded and sliced
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 5 shallots, sliced
- 1 tablespoon shrimp paste (bagoong alamang)
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 5 red birdâs eye chilies (siling labuyo), sliced (optional)
- 1 small cucumber (cubed)
- 1 tablespoon kalamansi lime juice or lemon juice
- Sprinkle the bitter melons with the salt and place them in a colander for 30 minutes to drain.
- Rinse off the salt and dab the melon slices with paper towels to remove excess moisture.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss the melon slices with the remaining ingredients.
- Allow to stand for 10 minutes to let the flavors develop, then serve.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 372g|
|Calories from Fat 5||9%|
|Total Fat 0.63g||1%|
|Saturated Fat 0.08g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 12.58g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.6g||12%|