Cost per serving $0.06 view details
- 2 1/2 cups AP flour + extra
- 1 tsp. yeast
- pinch sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tbs. butter, melted
- 2 tsp. cornmeal
- Place 1 1/4 cups warm water (105-115 F) in a bowl. Sprinkle on sugar, then yeast. Let sit 5 minutes.
- Add the butter and the flour, sprinkle on salt.
- Stir and form into a ball.
- Lightly flour a workspace.
- Knead the bread 5 minutes, re-form into a ball.
- Pour a bit of oil on top of the dough, cover and let rise an hour, or more.
- Sprinkle some cornmeal on the work surface
- Divide the dough into 10 pieces, roll into balls, place on top of cornmeal. flatten a bit with your hand. Turn the dough over to get cornmeal on the other side.
- Cover the dough with a towel. Let rise a second time for 30 minutes.
- Heat a large skillet to medium.
- Cook the muffins in batches by covering them with a lid, and cooking them about 6 minutes.
- They will puff up, turn on other side, cover and cook another 3-4 minutes.
- Let cool, use a knife to split in half, toast before serving.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 4g|
|Recipe makes 10 servings|
|Calories from Fat 21||88%|
|Total Fat 2.33g||3%|
|Saturated Fat 1.46g||6%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 0.78g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.1g||0%|