Cost per serving $0.55 view details
- 1/3 c. honey
- 1/3 c. raisins seedless
- 3 Tbsp. peanut butter
- 1 Tbsp. flour vital gluten
- 1Â 1/3 c. rolled oats
- 1/3 c. oat bran
- 3 Tbsp. apple juice frzn concentrate defrosted
- 2 Tbsp. soy lowfat milk 1% vanilla, vitasoy or possibly plain/fat free
- 2 tsp lecithin granules
- Combine all ingredients in Cuisinart and blend till a nearly smooth paste.
- Spread in 8"x8" or possibly 9"x9" pan or possibly drop on cookie sheet and shape into a
- "cliff bar" shape. Bake at 350 for 15-20 min. Let completely cold before eating.
- You can vary the ingredients for different flavors-use other sugars instead of honey, use jam instead of the raisins, use different nuts if you do not want the pronounced flavor of peanut (like cashew, almond, hazelnut, etc.)
- They pack easily and seem to improve in flavor overnight. However, it's hard to make them last which long in my household!
- NOTES : These have gotten the "thumbs-up" award from my teenagers, and they've started packing them off to school in the morning. I like to pack them when I cycle or possibly row.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 69g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 59||25%|
|Total Fat 6.95g||9%|
|Saturated Fat 1.24g||5%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 41.99g||11%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.8g||13%|