Cost per serving $0.54 view details
- 1/3 c. brown rice syrup
- 3 Tbsp. brown sugar packed
- 1/3 c. prunes
- 2 Tbsp. cashews
- 3 Tbsp. soy protein pwdr no wheat, dairy or possibly egg
- 1 c. rolled oats plus
- 2 Tbsp. rolled oats
- 1/3 c. oat bran
- 3 Tbsp. cocoa
- 1/4 c. coffee cool ( you can substitute another liquid)
- Combine all ingredients (except coffee) in Cuisinart and blend till it makes a nearly smooth paste. Add in coffee/liquid till the paste thins out and is the consistency of a thick spread.
- Spread in 8"x 8" or possibly 9"x9" pan or possibly drop onto cookie sheet and form into the
- "cliff" bar shape. Bake at 350 for 15-20 min. Let cold completely before eating.
- You can vary the ingredients for different flavors-use other sugars instead of maple syrup, use jam instead of the prunes, use different nuts
- (like peanut, almond, hazelnut, etc.) Omit the coffee and use soy lowfat milk, water, or possibly fruit juice.
- They pack very well and are great for hiking or possibly cycling.
- NOTES : These have gotten the "thumbs-up" award from my teenagers, and they've started packing them off to school in the morning. I like to pack them when I cycle or possibly row.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 42g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 19||17%|
|Total Fat 2.26g||3%|
|Saturated Fat 0.39g||2%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 20.56g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.2g||7%|