If you want a beautiful, colorful, delicious dinner treat for your guests, take the time to prepare this dish.
It's Tex-Mex and northern Mexico border fusion cooking at its best.
Note: If you don't eat pork, you can prepare the Adovada with an equal amount of chuck roast.
- 1 recipe Crockpot Carne Adovada
- 1 recipe Salsa Verde con Tomatillos or Anaheim
- 2 tbs. cream cheese, soft
- 1 tbs. chopped scallions
- optional: chopped black olives
- 1 recipe Mexican Crema or 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups shredded Monterrey Jack cheese, divided
- chopped tomatoes
- chopped cilantro
- 12 corn tortillas
- Prepare Carne Adovada.
- Strain meat from sauce and save sauce for other uses.
- Divide meat in 12 portions.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare salsa verde. Spread a thin layer in the bottom of a baking dish.
- Heat tortillas in microwave until soft - 20-30 seconds.
- Dip a tortilla in salsa verde.
- Add a bit of cream cheese and scallions (olives, if using)
- Add a portion of carne.
- Roll up the enchilada, place seam side down in the baking dish.
- Repeat until done.
- Top the enchiladas with the rest of the salsa verde and then top with cheese.
- Bake 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, decorate with crema.
- Add tomatoes and cilantro.
- Serve at once.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 136g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 194||53%|
|Total Fat 21.77g||27%|
|Saturated Fat 12.76g||51%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 27.33g||7%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.8g||13%|