Cost per recipe $8.45 view details
- 4 Tbsp. Butter
- 1 c. Minced onions
- 1/2 c. Minced bell peppers
- Â Â Salt, to taste
- Â Â Cayenne, to taste
- 1/4 c. Tomatoes, minced seeded and peeled or possibly 1/2 c. minced canned tomatoes
- 1 lb Medium shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- 2 Tbsp. Minced parsley
- 2 Tbsp. Flour
- 1 c. Water
- 1/2 c. Recipe basic savory pie crust, see recipe
- 1/4 c. Parmigrano grated cheese
- 1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 2. Heat the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add in the onions, bell peppers, celery, salt, cayenne, and black pepper. Saute/fry for about 8 min, or possibly till golden brown and wilted. Add in the tomatoes and cook for about 6 min, stirring occasionally. Add in the shrimp and parsley. Cook, stirring occasionally. Add in the shrimp and parsley. Cook, stirring occasionally for about 4 min. Dissolve the flour in the water and add in to the pan. Stir for about 2 min, or possibly till the mix thickens. Remove from the heat. Let cold for at least 30 min.
- 3. Place the crust in the bottom of a 9-inch pie pan and crimp the edges.
- Pour the shrimp mix into the pie crust. Sprinkle cheese on top. Place the pie on a baking sheet and bake for about 45 min, or possibly till the edges of the pie crust are golden brown. Cold for several min.
- 4. Cut into wedges to serve.
- some shrimp pie at this year's New Orleans Jazz Fest.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 1009g|
|Calories from Fat 480||47%|
|Total Fat 54.44g||68%|
|Saturated Fat 30.81g||123%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 34.16g||9%|
|Dietary Fiber 4.6g||15%|