Cost per serving $0.55 view details
- 1 lb new potatoes cut crosswise
- Â Â into 1/4"-thick slices
- Â Â Salt to taste
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 x recipe Basic Pizza Dough II see * Note
- 1 Tbsp. truffle oil
- Â Â Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste
- 1 c. thinly-sliced red onions
- 2 x confit duck legs (abt 7 ounce ea) shredded
- 1/4 lb Fontina cheese grated
- 2 tsp minced fresh parsley leaves
- Put the potatoes in a medium-size saucepan and add in sufficient water to cover. Season with salt. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce the heat to medium and cook till fork tender, 10 to 12 min. Drain and cold under cool water. Arrange in a shallow dish and allow to come to room temperature.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Lightly oil two baking sheets with extra virgin olive oil.
- Divide the pizza dough into 4 equal portions. With your fingers, dusted with flour, pat the dough into free-form circles, each 8 to 10 inches in diameter, and put them on the prepared baking sheets. Prick each randomly with a fork. Brush each dough circle with 1/2 tsp. of the truffle oil and top each with equal amounts of the potatoes. Season with salt and freshly grnd black pepper. Continue layering with the onions, shredded duck confit and cheese. Drizzle the remaining tsp. of truffle oil proportionately over the pizzas.
- Bake on the middle rack of the oven and bake till the crust is golden, about 25 min. Remove from the oven and cold for a few min before slicing into 8 slices. Garnish with parsley and serve.
- This recipe yields 8 servings.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 73g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 59||51%|
|Total Fat 6.75g||8%|
|Saturated Fat 3.05g||12%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 9.25g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.0g||3%|