Cost per serving $4.31 view details
- 1 x Egg
- 1 Tbsp. Creole mustard
- Â Â Juice of one fresh lemon
- 2 tsp Minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp. Prepared Horseradish
- 1 c. Vegetable oil
- Â Â Salt to taste
- Â Â Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste
- 8 slc Italian bread, 1/2" thick
- 1/4 c. Butter at room temperature
- 3 lb Roasted Pork Butt see * Note
- 16 slc Munster cheese
- 2 lb New potatoes thinly sliced,
- Â Â soaked in water and liquid removed
- 1 Tbsp. Finely-minced fresh parsley leaves
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- For the White Remoulade: In a food processor, fitted with a metal blade, combine the egg, mustard, lemon juice, garlic and horseradish. Process till smooth. With the machine running and in a steady stream, add in the oil till the mix is thick. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and chill till chilled.
- Spread each side of the bread slices with the butter. Place the bread on the griddle and cook for 2 to 3 min on each side or possibly till golden brown. Remove from the griddle. Spread each piece of the bread with the White Remoulade. Mound about 1/3 of a lb. on the Roasted Pork Butt on each piece of bread. Lay two slices of the cheese on top of each mound of meat. Place each piece of bread on a baking sheet. Place in the oven and bake till the cheese is bubbly, about 6 to 8 min.
- Fry the potatoes till golden, about 3 to 5 min, stirring occasionally. Remove and drain on paper towels. Season with salt and pepper.
- To serve, place two open-face sandwiches on each plate. Garnish each with a pile of potatoes. Garnish with the parsley.
- This recipe yields 4 servings.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 682g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 737||51%|
|Total Fat 83.16g||104%|
|Saturated Fat 17.03g||68%|
|Trans Fat 1.5g|
|Total Carbs 109.48g||29%|
|Dietary Fiber 7.2g||24%|