As you know, I don't bother measuring ingredients when cooking, because I've cooked for so many wonderful years. I enclose an approximation of the measurements. This makes the plain old spud a delicacy, and it dresses up any main course dish!
Prep:20m Cook:30m Servings:4
- 4 good sized baker potatoes
- Cheez Whiz
- dried onions (or fresh, finely chopped)
- half and half cream
- shredded or finely cut carrots
- salt and pepper to taste (or McCormick's No-Salt-Added Citrus Pepper)
- 1. Cook 2-4 medium sized potatoes in the micro for 7 to 14 minutes, depending on the number of potatoes you're cooking.
- 2. Remove from micro and allow to cool to handle.
- 3. Cut lengthwise and scoop out some (not all) of the insides.
- 4. Reserve to bowl.
- 5. Add approximately 1 to 1 1/2 tbsp Cheez Whiz
- 6. Add dried onions (or fresh) and parsley to taste
- 7. Add about 1 tbsp of half 'n half cream
- 8. Mix together well, and put this mixture back into the potato shells.
- 9. Bake in oven at 325*F (covered) for ten minutes... then, remove the cover for another twenty minutes, or until the shells are golden brown and firm.
- 10. Add a few pieces of shredded or finely cut carrots prior to baking.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 199g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 17||11%|
|Total Fat 1.9g||2%|
|Saturated Fat 1.13g||5%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 30.88g||8%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.9g||13%|