Cost per serving $0.00 view details
- . 2 tbsp. (15ml) each of olive oil and butter
- . 1 medium sweet onion (sliced)
- . 1 cup (65gr) Swiss Chard stems (chopped)...OR any other selected green
- . 1 red bell pepper (sliced)
- . Seasoning: . a good sprinkle of salt and garlic powder as well as a good sprinkle of dried herbs: oregano, basil, tarragon
- . 4 large eggs
- . 1/2 cup (80gr) of shredded cheese: (I used a blend of strong aged cheddar and swiss cheese)
- . garnish with flat leaf parsley
- . In a very large skillet...heat butter and oil slightly at medium heat...ready to receive the thinly sliced onions. Be patient enough to ' caramelize ' them.
- . Meanwhile, if you did not have these vegetable stalks left over from another recipe...you can now wash your greens...spin or pat dry. Cut off the stalks...chop them up and set aside. The leaves can temporarily be stored in a plastic bag with a paper towel. Store them away for many other recipes.
- . Now, raise back the heat to medium and add the chopped vegetable stalks...toss them well and add the sliced red peppers. Sprinkle all the seasonings at this point.
- . Continue sautÃ©eing (caramelizing) everything properly before the final step.
- . Crack the eggs gently over the vegetable bed to evenly distribute throughout the skillet...cook over lowered heat for about 2 minutes. The egg yolks should be slightly runny.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheeses on top of each egg equally. Cover the skillet for about 3 minutes. Then uncover. Turn off heat.
- . SERVE: Garnish with a little fresh parsley and a side of your favourite bread.
- . Buon appetito and flavourful wishes...FOODESSA.com