Cost per serving $2.14 view details
- 6 x English muffins
- 3 c. Broccoli flowerets, cut into 1" pcs
- 6 ounce Canadian bacon
- 1 tsp Vegetable oil
- 4 x Hard boiled large Large eggs
- 1 c. Coarsely grated jarlsberg cheese
- 2/3 c. Chicken broth
- 3 x Uncooked large Large eggs
- 1/4 c. Fresh lemon juice
- 1 c. Heavy cream
- 1 c. Lowfat milk
- 1 Tbsp. Unsalted butter, softened
- 1. Split muffins. In a large baking pan dry muffin halves, uncovered, at room temperature 12 hrs. Alternatively, dry muffin halves in a 250 degree oven 1 hour. Butter a 13 by 9 by 2-inch baking dish (about 3 qts).
- 2. In a large saucepan of boiling salted water cook broccoli till crisp-tender, about 3 min, and drain in a colander. Refresh broccoli under cool running water and drain well.
- 3. Coarsely chop bacon. In a heavy skillet cook bacon in oil over moderate heat, stirring, 3 min. Drain bacon well on paper towels.
- 4. Chop hard boiled Large eggs. Arrange muffin bottoms, split sides up, in one layer in baking dish and sprinkle proportionately with hard boiled Large eggs, bacon, broccoli, Jarlsberg, and salt and pepper to taste.
- 5. In a small heavy saucepan bring broth to a boil. In a bowl whisk together twp uncooked Large eggs and lemon juice.
- 6. Whisk half of broth in a stream into egg mix and whisk mix into broth remaining in pan. Cook mix over moderately low heat, stirring, till thickened (don't let boil).
- 7. In a bowl whisk together remaining uncooked egg, cream, lowfat milk, and salt and pepper to taste and whisk in lemon mix in a stream till combined well.
- 8. Pour custard slowly and proportionately over muffins in baking dish.
- 9. Butter muffin tops and quarter them. Arrange muffin pcs on top of custard, buttered sides up. Refrigeratepudding, covered, at least 1 hour and up to 12. (If chilling pudding 12 hrs, bottom muffin layer will develop a custard like consistency.)
- 10. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake pudding in middle of oven till custard is set, about 30 min.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 267g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 170||44%|
|Total Fat 19.16g||24%|
|Saturated Fat 8.65g||35%|
|Trans Fat 0.02g|
|Total Carbs 32.63g||9%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.4g||8%|