Cost per serving $2.09 view details
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 4 small eggplants, halved lengthways
- 7 oz mozzarella cheese, diced
- 2 salted anchovies,
- 4 fl oz tomato passata
- Salt and pepper
- Fresh basil sprigs, to garnish (optional)
- Remove the anchovy heads, and clean and fillet the anchovies. Afterwards, soak in cold water for 10 minutes and drain.
- Preheat the oven to 400Â°F
- Brush an ovenproof dish with olive oil.
- Scoop out the eggplant flesh with a small sharp knife leaving the 'shells' intact.
- Dice the flesh, place in a bowl and add the mozzarella and anchovies.
- Mix well, season with salt and pepper and stir in the olive oil.
- Spoon the mixture into the eggplant shells and top each with
- 1 tablespoon of the tomato sauce.
- Place in the prepared dish and bake for about 30 minutes.
- Transfer to a warm serving dish.
- This dish may be garnished with fresh basil sprigs if you like.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 761g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 160||42%|
|Total Fat 18.03g||23%|
|Saturated Fat 6.54g||26%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 42.06g||11%|
|Dietary Fiber 24.0g||80%|