Cost per serving $2.23 view details
- 1 eggplant, sliced 1/4-inch to 1/2-inch thick
- 6 eggs
- 2 c. Italian bread crumbs
- 2 c. Panko
- 1/2 c. olive oil (may use Extra-Virgin Olive Oil)
- 1 T. Italian Seasoning
- 2 tsp. garlic salt
- 1 to 2 c. marinara (use your favorite recipe)
- Angel hair pasta
- 1/2 c. to 1 c. frozen peas
- 5 to 6 T. freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 T. freshly shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350Â°F. In a large pot, fill halfway with water and bring to a boil. While water is warming, heat a large skillet to medium-high heat and add oil. Using 1 large bowl and 2 plates, set up a prepping station to bread the eggplant. Crack eggs in bowl and whisk well. Place the Italian breadcrumbs on one plate, and place the Panko on the other plate. Add Italian seasoning and garlic salt to the Panko and blend with a dry fork.
- Working in batches, dip the eggplant slices in the egg (letting excess drip off), then coat with the Italian breadcrumbs, back to the egg (letting excess drip off), then dip into the Panko crumbs. Place the breaded eggplant slices in the skillet. Do not overcrowd the skillet. Let the eggplant cook for about 2 minutes (or until brown) before flipping them over to the other side. Let them get just a light golden brown. Once the eggplant has been âsearedâ on both sides, place on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil and lightly sprayed with non-cooking spray in a single layer. Bake them for approximately 20 minutes.
- While the eggplant is in the oven, warm the marinara sauce on medium-low heat. You may want to make sure this is covered with a lid to help prevent splattering. Generously salt the boiling water, and place the pasta in the boiling water in the other pot. Cook pasta according to package. (You may want to start the pasta within the last 10-13 minutes of the cook time for the eggplant so everything stays nice and hot.) During the last two minutes of the cook time for the pasta, add the peas. Drain the pasta and peas using a colander and place drained pasta back in pot. Add about 3 tablespoons (or more) of the marinara sauce to the pasta and mix. Place pasta and peas on a plate and top with the eggplant. Add the marinara over top of the eggplant. Add about 1-2 teaspoons of shredded Parmesan cheese (and shredded mozzarella).
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 480g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 388||43%|
|Total Fat 43.71g||55%|
|Saturated Fat 8.59g||34%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 102.7g||27%|
|Dietary Fiber 13.5g||45%|