Banana Black Bean Brownie - Does it sound weird? But the taste doesn't. If you like moist, dense and fudge brownies and love the flavor of banana, then you should definitely try this out. The main star ingredient is Black Beans in this nutritious brownie. But you can barely taste it, but the flavor of banana is predominant. So if you love bananas, then instead of making banana bread next time with those ripe ones try this nutritious, protein rich brownie. The additions of walnuts give a nice crunch and the small amount of oats give this little bit texture. I used Xylitol for sweetening. Do you know Xylitol doesn't cause cavities like sugar. They taste best after atleast a day of refrigeration. If you try this out, let me know how you liked it.
- Black Beans - 2 Cups(Soaked, Cooked, Rinsed and Drained)
- Organic Ripe Bananas - 3(Medium sized)
- Xylitol - 1/4 Cup
- Unsweetened Cocoa powder - 1/4 Cup
- Cinnamon - 1/2 Tsp
- Vanilla extract - 1 Tsp
- Instant Oats - 1/4 Cup
- Oats Flour - 1/4 Cup
- Walnuts chopped - 1/3 Cup
- 1) Preheat oven to 350F.
- 2) Combine all the ingredients except Oats, Oats Flour and Walnuts in a food processor blend until smooth. The beans should not be visible and the addition of bananas will give enough liquid to make a nice smooth batter.
- 3) Now add the Oats, Oats Flour and Walnuts and combine thoroughly.
- 4) Grease or line Parchment paper to 8x8" pan and pour the batter in the pan and bake for around 30 minutes till a tooth pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- 5) Cool in a wire rack and slice after completely cooled.
- 6) Add chocolate, milk, vanilla extract and xylitol in a bowl and slightly warm it so that the chocolate melts and once the chocolate is in spreadable consistency using a spoon spread it on top of the baked and cooled brownies.
- 7) Refrigerate the brownies at least for one day and enjoy. The flavor, taste of black beans becomes very much unnoticeable after a day.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 15g|
|Recipe makes 12 servings|
|Calories from Fat 7||18%|
|Total Fat 0.75g||1%|
|Saturated Fat 0.13g||1%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 6.97g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.9g||3%|