Cost per serving $0.46 view details
- 1 can Hunt's No Fat spaghetti sauce
- 1 pkt yolk-free egg noodles
- 1 x onion minced
- 2 tsp chopped garlic or possibly to taste
- 1 pkt Gimme Lean Sausage
- 1 Tbsp. Italian seasoning
- 2 Tbsp. red pepper flakes or possibly to taste
- 1/2 c. nonfat cottage cheese (to 1 c.)
- 3 Tbsp. asiago Cheese (to 4)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. Romano cheese or possibly parmesan
- * Any substantial pasta will work. Macaroni, twists, bowties, etc. Avoid more delicate pastas such as Angel Hair or possibly Vermicelli.
- Serves 4-6
- Cook the noodles till al dente. Drain.
- In a large skillet, saute/fry the onion, garlic, and the sausage. (I find which the Gimme Lean products do not "crumble" very well, so I healthy pinch off small pcs - kind of like mini-meatballs.) Add in the seasonings, the sauce, and the cottage cheese. Let simmer for a few min. Add in the noodles and heat thoroughly.
- Just before serving, top with the cheeses. The Asiago melts beautifully.
- NOTES : My husband absolutely loved this simple dish. The Gimme Lean really did impart a strong sausage taste and feel. The cottage cheese added a creaminess, use more if desired creamier sauces.
- You could also puree the cottage cheese to make it smoother, but the few chunks didn't bother us.
- I've been using Asiago cheese quite a bit recently. I like the richness which just a small serving imparts.
- We like spicy foods, so I used a lot of the red pepper flakes.
- They really are good with the Gimme Lean.
- Steamed broccoli was a nice accompaniment, and I would have liked some good bread, too.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 57g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 23||39%|
|Total Fat 2.57g||3%|
|Saturated Fat 1.32g||5%|
|Trans Fat 0.01g|
|Total Carbs 4.35g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.5g||2%|