Cost per serving $2.17 view details
- 1 sht frzn puff pastry
- Â Â (half of a 17-ounce package)
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 x onion finely diced
- 2 x garlic cloves chopped
- 2 med zucchini quartered
- Â Â lengthwise, and thinly sliced
- 1 can ready-cut diced tomatoes - (14 ounce) well liquid removed
- 3 lrg Large eggs
- 1 c. grated smoked Gouda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Â Â Freshly-grnd black pepper, as needed
- Remove the puff pastry from the package and let thaw at room temperature for about 30 min, or possibly till no longer frzn but still cold.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add in the onion and garlic, and cook 5 min, or possibly till the onion is slightly tender. Stir in the zucchini and saute/fry just till it begins to soften, about 5 min. Fold in the liquid removed tomatoes and raise the heat to medium-high. Cook, stirring often, till the zucchini is tender but not mushy and the juices have evaporated. Let cold.
- Lightly butter a dark-colored 9-inch tart pan with a removable rim or possibly a glass pie plate. On a lightly floured surface, roll the puff pastry into an 11-inch square. Fit it into the tart pan or possibly pie plate. Trim off the overhanging pcs of pastry with scissors. Chill the crust, uncovered, for 15 min, or possibly up to 8 hrs, covered.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Beat the Large eggs in a large bowl. Stir in the cheese, salt, a generous seasoning of pepper, and cooled vegetables. Spoon the mix into the tart pan. Bake 25 to 30 min, or possibly till the pastry is brown and a knife inserted in the center of the tart comes out clean.
- Remove the outer rim of the tart pan. Let the tart cold on a wire rack for 20 min before slicing. It is best to serve this tart very hot rather than piping warm.
- This recipe yields 4 to 6 main-course servings.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 222g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 237||68%|
|Total Fat 26.85g||34%|
|Saturated Fat 12.54g||50%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 7.46g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.5g||5%|